Root: Small vegetable plates, a little meat on the side
With an ethos focusing on sustainability, a gorgeous new cookbook putting vegetables at the heart of a small plates menu.
Vegetable small plates are the very heart of this mouth-watering debut book from Rob Howell. With a focus on sustainability and using the very best of ingredients, Rob showcases over 100 recipes from the award-wining Bristol waterfront restaurant for you to mix and match at home, creating greedy feasts for family and friends – or even just for yourself!
Although not central to the book, meat and fish recipes abound to satisfy even the hungriest of carnivores, and the desserts are not to be missed. There is something for everyone within these pages.
- Welsh rarebit toasts
- Buttermilk fried celeriac
- Cauliflower bhajis with cashew butter and pickled orange
- Tempura spring onions with sweet chili sauce and peanut crumb
- Chicken schnitzel with sauerkraut
- Spiced monkfish tail with 3 sauces
- Doughnuts with carrot jam
- and Sherry panna cotta
With stunning photography to accompany every dish, this is a cookbook to be devoured at once, and then read and cooked from time and time again.